Taking Care of Concrete Wall Spalling Repairs
Manor Wood Construction Inc. is the leading choice among Baltimore concrete contractors, and that includes specialty services some companies won’t even bother with. We’re the preferred experts for taking care of concrete wall spalling repair, among other specialty tasks.
No matter what type of work you need to be completed, if it has to do with this field of work, you need our pros for quality service. Our perfect name is built upon a strong code of ethics and a dedication to superior customer care.
We don’t cut corners where other companies would, no matter what the task entails. We’re the right experts for work like concrete wall spalling repair, and our craftsmanship is unsurpassed.
What Leads to Concrete Spalling
Masonry work is one thing, and one thing we do exceptionally well. The need for concrete wall spalling repair is something that occurs because of the moisture in the material.
The result of moisture intrusion for concrete is a surface that may flake off, pop out, or peel. It’s sometimes erroneously referred to as spaulding or spalding.
There are generally only a few possible reasons spalling happens:
- Freeze-Thaw Cycling
- Curing Process/How the Concrete Hardened
- Oxidation/Rusting of Reinforcing Steel
- Combination of These Reasons
The quality of the company you hire to install your concrete can help prevent a problem, yet the conditions can just be wrong and lead to this issue from happening. Something as seemingly simple as carbon dioxide in the air coming in contact with alkalis in the concrete mix and spalling occurs.
This interaction can lead to cracks that let in water, and the problem only intensifies. The good news is that you already have the resolution you need because Manor Wood Construction Inc. is here to resolve the issue.
Understanding the Process & Value of Concrete Wall Spalling
You can notice it easily in damp basements where the flaking appears and is thick enough to scrape away with the hard edge of something. All you, the homeowner, really care about is if it can be repaired, and how.
The repairing of spalled concrete walls in a space like a basement involves a few steps:
- Rid the spalled surface of loose concrete
- Use a circular saw to cut around spalling
- Chisel from this section the concrete adhered to the reinforcement bars
- Apply anti-rust paint to bars
- Use epoxy to bond old and new concrete
- Fill and smooth new concrete into place
For a project requiring this type of experience, call our team of experts for concrete wall spalling repair in and around Baltimore.
If you are in need of concrete wall spalling repair in the Baltimore area, please call Manor Wood Construction at 410-299-6638 or complete our online request form.
- Use Your Home Addition in These Practical Ways - Do you find that your home doesn’t offer adequate space for all the activities, work, and hobbies you like to pursue? If so, you might want to look into getting a room addition for your home. After all, you can use a room addition in a variety of great and useful ways. … Read More
- Ways That Your Baltimore Concrete Contractor Can Keep Your Home Standing Strong - Even the most sturdily constructed home won't stand on its own forever. To keep your Baltimore home standing strong through the years, you might need to enlist the help of your preferred Baltimore concrete contractors for some help down the line. … Read More