Remodeling & Building Basements
Basements have more potential than any other room in Baltimore area home, but most homeowners overlook that potential, and most basement never reach it. Even if your basement is currently filled with clutter and junk, it could very easily become one of the most valued and frequently used parts of your home. Finishing your basement can help you raise the resale value of your home, give your home more space, and make your home a more comfortable and enjoyable place for you and your family.
At Manor Wood Construction, Inc., our concrete contractors and home improvement specialists can help you transform any basement into a place where you and your family will love to spend time. We'll work with you to design the new finished basement so that you're guaranteed to get everything you need from the services that we provide. We'll take care of every aspect of building your new basement and ensure that the job is completed with the highest quality materials and workmanship possible.
Designing and Planning Basement Remodels
The key to the success of any basement finishing project, or to any home improvement project for that matter, is having a clear and solid plan from the start, before any of the work begins. Our contractors can help you plan and design every aspect of the project. Here are a few of the things that you should consider before you begin the construction.
- Lighting - Some sections of your home's basement will have to rely on electric light, which other areas (those near any window egresses) can depend on some amounts of natural light during the day. Social areas should be kept closer to this natural light, while an entertainment area, for instance, should be kept away from this light. Having these layout options decided on before construction can help to make the entire project run more smoothly.
- Layout - Planning the layout of your finished basement before you begin any construction will help you get the most satisfaction out of the space once it’s complete. If you plan to include a food storage area, put it in an area that people won’t have to walk in front of the television area to get to. If you’re adding a bedroom, keep that space nearer to the perimeter of the basement so that it’s close to any window egresses.
Our professionals will ensure that every aspect of the project is well-planned and perfectly designed before the job begins.
Troubleshooting Problems with Basements in Baltimore & Surrounding Areas
Unfortunately, any number of things can go wrong during a basement finishing project, which is why our professionals start every project with an inspection. During an inspection, we will:
- Look for any excessive moisture, anywhere in the basement.
- Make sure that your foundation is properly sealed.
- Check your flooring.
- Make sure that any fuel-burning equipment is up to code and safe for use.
If we do find any problems, we’ll discuss them with you in plain English before we move forward on repairs.
If you are looking for a company that builds and remodels basements in the Baltimore area, please call Manor Wood Construction at 410-299-6638 or complete our online request form.
- Should You Restore Your Deck or Build a New Custom Deck? - Sometimes, restoring and repairing your deck can be beneficial, but in other cases, building a new custom deck might be a better option. At Manor Wood Construction, Inc., our concrete contractors can work with you to decide whether repairs or a replacement would be more beneficial. Before you decide whether you should repair or replace your deck, consider these major deck problems that can mean that a new deck is your best option … Read More
- Frequently Asked Questions About Retaining Walls
- Retaining walls can be a great addition to both commercial and residential landscapes. At Manor Wood Construction, our professionals can help you design and install the perfect retaining walls for your property. Many home and business owners know that they need to have a retaining wall built and installed, but they don't know where to start. Our concrete contractors have put together a list of some of the most common questions that are asked about retaining walls … Read More