Remodeling & Building Basements
Basements have more potential than any other room in Baltimore area home, but most homeowners overlook that potential, and most basement never reach it. Even if your basement is currently filled with clutter and junk, it could very easily become one of the most valued and frequently used parts of your home. Finishing your basement can help you raise the resale value of your home, give your home more space, and make your home a more comfortable and enjoyable place for you and your family.
At Manor Wood Construction, Inc., our concrete contractors and home improvement specialists can help you transform any basement into a place where you and your family will love to spend time. We'll work with you to design the new finished basement so that you're guaranteed to get everything you need from the services that we provide. We'll take care of every aspect of building your new basement and ensure that the job is completed with the highest quality materials and workmanship possible.
Designing and Planning Basement Remodels
The key to the success of any basement finishing project, or to any home improvement project for that matter, is having a clear and solid plan from the start, before any of the work begins. Our contractors can help you plan and design every aspect of the project. Here are a few of the things that you should consider before you begin the construction.
- Lighting - Some sections of your home's basement will have to rely on electric light, which other areas (those near any window egresses) can depend on some amounts of natural light during the day. Social areas should be kept closer to this natural light, while an entertainment area, for instance, should be kept away from this light. Having these layout options decided on before construction can help to make the entire project run more smoothly.
- Layout - Planning the layout of your finished basement before you begin any construction will help you get the most satisfaction out of the space once it’s complete. If you plan to include a food storage area, put it in an area that people won’t have to walk in front of the television area to get to. If you’re adding a bedroom, keep that space nearer to the perimeter of the basement so that it’s close to any window egresses.
Our professionals will ensure that every aspect of the project is well-planned and perfectly designed before the job begins.
Troubleshooting Problems with Basements in Baltimore & Surrounding Areas
Unfortunately, any number of things can go wrong during a basement finishing project, which is why our professionals start every project with an inspection. During an inspection, we will:
- Look for any excessive moisture, anywhere in the basement.
- Make sure that your foundation is properly sealed.
- Check your flooring.
- Make sure that any fuel-burning equipment is up to code and safe for use.
If we do find any problems, we’ll discuss them with you in plain English before we move forward on repairs.
If you are looking for a company that builds and remodels basements in the Baltimore area, please call Manor Wood Construction at 410-299-6638 or complete our online request form.
- Use Your Home Addition in These Practical Ways - Do you find that your home doesn’t offer adequate space for all the activities, work, and hobbies you like to pursue? If so, you might want to look into getting a room addition for your home. After all, you can use a room addition in a variety of great and useful ways. … Read More
- Ways That Your Baltimore Concrete Contractor Can Keep Your Home Standing Strong - Even the most sturdily constructed home won't stand on its own forever. To keep your Baltimore home standing strong through the years, you might need to enlist the help of your preferred Baltimore concrete contractors for some help down the line. … Read More